Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Blu-ray Review: DEVIL'S DOMAIN (2016)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6139626/?ref_=nv_sr_2DEVIL'S DOMAIN
Written & Directed by 
Distributed by MVD Visual

   I knew nothing about this film going into it, in fact, I had never even heard of DEVIL'S DOMAIN.  It sounded like a cool concept, though, so I decided to give it a try!  I am not sure why I have not heard more about this film.  It is a cool film with some originality that is missing from a lot of today's horror films.  Here is the basic story from the film's imdb page:

Devil's Domain tells the story of Lisa Pomson, a troubled, social media obsessed teen, conflicted with her sexuality and her parents misunderstanding of her. When Lisa gets secretly filmed binging, purging, and masturbating the video goes viral and she suffers extreme cyber-bullying. Suicidal, and on the brink of insanity, a beautiful, mysterious stranger (the Devil) strikes up an online relationship with her. They grow close and meet and the stranger offers to help in exchange for a favor. The devil will rid her of the bullies and give Lisa fame and fortune in exchange for a baby. Lisa agrees and as the bullies die one by one, Lisa's conscience kicks in and she regrets doing the deal. To keep Lisa in line, the Devil threatens eternal suffering and the death of her loved ones until she finally succumbs to give the devil a baby that will grow to reign terror upon the world.               

  The film is like a darker FINAL DESTINATION entry with each of  Lisa's bullies dying one by one, each on in a unique and sometimes grotesque way!    The acting is great here, especially from newcomer Madi Vodane  who plays the main character Lisa.  She does an excellent job as the tormented teen, Lisa.  

  One of my favorite parts about this film are the effects.  The filmmakers rely on almost all practical effects which is very rare these days, but it makes a film so much more believable and likeable in my opinion.   It was great to see some good gore in a horror film again.  That is one of my main complaints with horror films these days, most are very light on the gore for some reason. 

  DEVIL'S DOMAIN was very enjoyable and entertaining film that I highly recommend.

  DEVIL'S DOMAIN is available now on DVD and Blu-ray from Cleopatra Entertainment and MVD Visual.   Bonus features include the following:

*  Slide Show
*  Extended Scenes
*  Behind the Scenes


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD/BD


http://cleopatra-entertainment.com/

http://www.mvdvisual.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment