Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, August 28, 2016

DVD Review: HOTEL INFERNO (2013)


http://www.necrostorm.com/movies/HotelInferno/Buy.htmlHOTEL INFERNO
Written & Directed by
Produced & Distributed by:  Necrostorm

  If you are a fan of ultra gory splatter fests, then you will definitely want to check on one of the latest films from Necrostorm,  HOTEL INFERNO.  It is advertised as the first splatter movie in first person view.  After watching this film, I sure hope it is not the last!  Here is the basic plot synopsis from the film's imdb.com page: 

  The contract killer Frank Zimosa has just been hired for a ridiculously lucrative mission by the rich and powerful Jorge Mistrandia. The objective: to kill a couple of people hiding in one of his European hotels. What would look like one of the simplest jobs Frank has ever had is just about to turn into a living nightmare. He will soon realize he's nothing more than prey for Mistrandia and his army of crazy henchmen that have hiding in the hotel along with an ancient and unstoppable Horror. In their hotels you can only rent rooms....in Hell! See everything through the eyes of the Anti-Hero Frank Zimosa and boost your mind with an overdose of: nonstop violence, adrenaline, and pure fear, surrounded in a mysterious, deep and twisted story. You won't just watch it, you will experience it.

 If you saw this years major theatrical release, HARDCORE HENRY, then you know what to expect going in to this movie in terms of how it is shot.  First person is a pretty common perspective in video games, it was only a matter of time before it came to film!   I have to say, watching a first person action film like HARDCORE HENRY was awesome.   I remember thinking to myself as I watched it, someone should do a horror film this way!   Well, apparently Necrostorm had already done it with this film.   If you've ever seen a Necrostorm film before, then you know to expect some crazy violence with over the top gore.

  As much as I loved HARDCORE HENRY, I have to admit I liked HOTEL INFERNO so much more.  I'm sure I'm biased towards horror, but that's my honest opinion.    While the story can be hard to follow at some points, the film is a visual feast for your eyes.   There is so much going on and so many different fights, from blunt objects to chainsaws to shotguns.    It is a lot of fun and the shotgun scene in the woods looked like you were watching an awesome first person video game.  In fact, as I watched this I remembered thinking how cool a HOTEL INFERNO video game would be! 

  This is a film that must be seen to be believed.  It's true that you just don't watch it, you experience it!  Sometimes in the film it felt like you were right there in the action that was happening on screen.  I highly recommend HOTEL INFERNO for any horror film fan.  Check this one out as soon as you can!

  HOTEL INFERNO is available now and contains the following special features:

*  Full Audio Soundtrack
*  Director's Commentary
*  Special FX tutorials
*  Digital FX tutorials
*  4 Screensavers
*  4 Wallpapers


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


http://www.necrostorm.com/home.html





No comments:

Post a Comment