Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Blu-ray Review: 1990: THE BRONX WARRIORS (1982)


http://www.blue-underground.com/product.php?product=2571990:  THE BRONX WARRIORS
Directed by 
Distributed by  Blue Underground

 Blue Underground has had some amazing DVD/Blu-ray releases lately, and continue to show why they are one of the best film companies out there with the release of 1990:  THE BRONX WARRIORS.  This is is another cult classic I had heard of before, but I had never seen before.  Here is the plot of the film courtesy of the Blue Underground website:

  It's 1990 and the Bronx has officially been declared a "No Man's Land." The authorities have given up all attempts to restore law and order. When a beautiful young woman runs away from Manhattan into this wasteland of motorcycle gangs and marauding warriors, her corrupt father sends a ruthless mercenary to bring her back at all costs. But gang leader Trash has other plans, uniting the rival outlaws to wage an all-out guerilla war against their corporate oppressors.
  Co-written and directed by Enzo G. Castellari (THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS), this action-packed post-apocalyptic cult classic is a delirious mix of elements from THE WARRIORS and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. Starring Vic Morrow (TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE), Christopher Connelly (MANHATTAN BABY), Fred Williamson (VIGILANTE), and Mark Gregory (ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX), 1990: THE BRONX WARRIORS has been newly transferred in High Definition and includes exclusive new Extras created especially for this release!

  While not a horror film, it is still a great grindhouse type of exploitation flick, so that's good enough for me to cover it!  As I mentioned, I had never seen this film before, but I immediately fell in love with this one and it will definitely get some repeat viewings from me in the near future.   The first thing I noticed was the remarkable HD transfer.  This looked like a film that was shot just recently with the crystal clear picture it had.    As for the film itself, it was action packed and entertaining all the way through.  There were no real dry or slow sections here...it was paced very well and kept the thoroughly entertained the entire running time.  The film reminded me a lot of THE WARRIORS with all the different gangs making up this new post-apocalyptic Bronx, so if you are a fan of that film, I am sure you will love this one as well. 

  1990:  THE BRONX WARRIORS is available now from Blue Underground and contains the following special features:

*  Audio Commentary with Co-Writer/Director Enzo G. Castellari
*  Enzo G. Castellari and Fabrizio De Angelis In Conversation Part 1
*  Sourcing The Weaponry - Enzo G. Castellari visits the Italian Weapons Rental House of Paolo Ricci
*  Adventures In The Bronx - Interview with Actor/Stuntman Massimo Vanni
*  Theatrical Trailers
*  Poster & Still Gallery


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.blue-underground.com/
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment