Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Blu-ray Review: BLOODY BIRTHDAY (1981)


https://severin-films.com/shop/bloody-birthday-blu-ray-2/BLOODY BIRTHDAY
Directed by
Distributed by CAV Distribution / Severin Films

  It has always been my opinion that the greatest decade of horror films is the 1980's.  So many great movies came out during this time, and I feel like I have seen most of the more popular ones.  Somehow along the way, I missed this one, though.  The film is BLOODY BIRTHDAY and it is by far one of the best horror films I have watched in quite some time.  Here is the basic plot synopsis courtesy of the Severin Films website:

  Get ready for the rarely seen slasher classic from the ’80s that may also be the most disturbing ‘killer kids’ movies in grindhouse history: Three babies are simultaneously born in the same hospital at the peak of a full solar eclipse. Ten years later, these adorable youngsters suddenly begin a kiddie killing spree of stranglings, shootings, stabbings, beatings and beyond. Can the town’s grown-ups stop these pint-sized serial killers before their blood-soaked birthday bash? K.C. Martel (E.T., Growing Pains), Joe Penny (Jake And The Fat Man), Michael Dudikoff (American Ninja), screen legends Susan Strasberg and Jose Ferrer, and MTV vixen Julie Brown – whose nude bedroom dance remains a landmark of celebrity skin – star in this still-controversial shocker from director Ed Hunt (The Brain, Diary Of A Sinner), now featuring an all-new HD transfer from the original vault elements.

  I love finding gems like this one that I have never seen before.  This is definitely a very unique slasher film, as the killer(s) is a group of 3 young kids.   The kids look sweet and innocent enough, but they are anything but that.   They are a vile group of killers who have no problem with killing off the adults in town, including their own parents and siblings!  Slasher films are usually disturbing to some extent, but that is greatly increased when it is kids doing the killing. 
 
   This is classic 80's horror at it's finest. If you have not seen BLOODY BIRTHDAY,  I suggest you get buy the DVD or Blu-ray asap and give it a watch.  I would honestly put this film in my top 20 horror films of all time!

  BLOODY BIRTHDAY is available now on DVD and Blu-ray from Severin Films and contains the following special features:

– Audio Interview With Director Ed Hunt
– Don’t Eat That Cake! Interview With Star Lori Lethin
– A Brief History Of Slasher Films Featurette
– Severin Trailers


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.cavd.com/

https://severin-films.com/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment