Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, November 8, 2015

R.I.P. Gunnar Hansen


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0360815/?ref_=nv_sr_1 Sad news this morning in the horror world.  I awoke to news that genre legend Gunnar Hansen has passed away.   Hansen died Saturday of pancreatic cancer at the age of 68. 

  Hansen was best known for his iconic role as 'Leatherface" in the 1974 film, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, but was cast in many more memorable roles throughout his 40+ year career including roles in films such as HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS, MOSQUITO, HELLBLOCK 13, and 2013's TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D.   Mr. Hansen also wrote the book, CHAINSAW CONFIDENTIAL, detailing the behind the scenes making of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. 

  I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Hansen at TEXAS FRIGHTMARE WEEKEND back in 2013. He was a very nice man for sure.   Mr. Hansen's role as Leatherface will be one that lives on for many generations to come, and probably forever.  He truly is a legend in the horror community and will be missed by millions of fans all over the world.

 R.I.P.  Gunnar Hansen



No comments:

Post a Comment