Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

DVD Review: i-LIVED (2015)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2949196/?ref_=nv_sr_1i-LIVED
Directed by 
Distributed by XLrator Media

  I recently got the privilege of checking out a new horror film called i-LIVED.  This was a very interesting film with a fun interactive experience...more on that later.  Here is the basic plot synopsis from the film's press release:

 Josh Fosse is a 20-something guy whose life is going nowhere. His girl left, his rent is late, and he lacks a real job. He is trying to make it as an app reviewer online and decides to review a self help app called i-Lived for fun. He's signs on and immediately his life turns around. He meets the girl of his dreams and he gets a job offer he can't refuse. Convinced it's him and not the app, he signs out... and loses everything. He signs on again but this time the terms are different, the app is asking him to do things that are out of his moral comfort zone... but essential to becoming the success the app tells him he can be

  This is one of the better films I have seen this year.  It kept me thoroughly entertained and I honestly don't have a negative thing to say about it.   The acting was superb by all involved and the film was shot very well.  The film has a very intriguing story which was very fun to watch pan out.    What made this film extra fun was the interactive "Second Screen" experience.   By downloading the i-LIVED app from your smartphone's app store, you will have access to this interactive experience that runs parallel with the film.  You will get [fake] text messages throughout the film, just like the ones that are being sent to the main character on screen!  The interactive app also utilizes your phone's flash, and speakers for some very spooky scares.  Also, there are little inside jokes sent to your phone during a scene, some of which are laugh out loud funny!  It would be a lot different watching this movie without the app, but I bet it would still be pretty enjoyable.   I think this app adds an extra element to the film, though, that you really need to check out.  I can really see this idea going places and improving, especially as our phones and tablets continue to improve.  

  Be sure to check out i-LIVED as soon as you can.  The DVD is out now on DVD from XLrator Media.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD



http://www.xlratormedia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment