Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

DVD Review: BLOOD CAR


http://www.kinolorber.com/video.php?id=1933BLOOD CAR
Directed by 
Distributed by Horizon Movies / Kino Lorber

I have to admit I had never heard of BLOOD CAR when it arrived on my doorstep for review.  It had a pretty ridiculous story and looked to be very low budget, so needless to say I was not expecting much going into this film.   Fortunately, my first feelings about this film were proven to be 100% wrong after viewing this film.   This film was a blast and one of the better horror/comedy films to be released in years!   Here is the basic plot synopsis from the film's press release:

  In the all-too-forseeable future, gas prices approach $40 a gallon, causing some Americans to abandon their vehicles and others to seek alternate sources of fuel. When a mild-mannered schoolteacher (Mike Brune) invents an experimental engine that thrives on blood, he attracts the attention of two women who vie for his affection: Denise (Katie Rowlett), the proprietress of a butcher stand, and Lorraine (My Girl's Anna Chlumsky) who runs a rival veggie stand in a grim urban landscape. But Archie's need for speed soon surpasses his body's ability to regenerate fluids, so he takes desperate measures to satisfy the Blood Car's thirst.

  First and foremost, this movie was just flat out FUN!   This is a truly entertaining movie.  It had buckets of gore, but at the same time, gallons of laughter!  The acting was very good, and it was a lot of fun to see Anna Chlumsky on screen again.  I know she has done a lot of acting, but I had not seen here since MY GIRL back in 1991!  The main character played by Mike Brune was very likeable and played the role of Archie perfectly.   It was fun to watch him go from a guy that cried when he killed a squirrel to someone that didn't think twice about throwing a man (or woman) into the trunk of his car for "fuel"

  I really hope more people start talking about this film and checking it out.  I think it is an instant cult classic from director Alex Orr. 

  I highly recommend BLOOD CAR to all fans of the horror-comedy genre.  The DVD is available now from Kino Lorber.  It contains the following special features:

*  Theatrical Trailer
*  The Adventure  (short film)
*  The $100 Short Short  (short film)


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD



http://www.kinolorber.com/index.php

http://www.kinolorber.com/index.php






No comments:

Post a Comment