Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, March 20, 2015

Blu-ray Review: MUCK (2015)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2207484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1MUCK
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment

  Wow!  That is all I can say after watching the film MUCK.  I had heard nothing about this film going into it, so I had no clue what to expect.  This film blew me away and had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning.   Here is the basic plot from the Anchor Bay website:

  This throwback horror film just raised the hacked-up bar: Horror legend Kane Hodder andPlayboy Playmate of the Year 2012 Jaclyn Swedberg star in this scary, sexy, indie shocker that joins a group of friends just as they emerge from the thick, murky darkness of the marshes tattered, bloody, and lucky to be alive. But they will soon find out that the lucky ones are already dead. Muck is packed with old-school gore effects and brutal stunts, without any CGI or apologies. Lachlan Buchanan (“Pretty Little Liars”) co-stars in writer/director Steve Wolsh’s searing directorial debut that unfolds like a blood-stained love letter to horror fanatics everywhere!

  I am going to go on record that MUCK is one of the best horror films in that last 10 years.  I honestly can't remember when I enjoyed a movie this much.  I have nothing but good things to say about this one.   What really amazes me is that this is the directorial debut of Steve Wolsh.  Mr. Wolsh has set the bar extremely high for his next films! 

  The acting in this movie is superb.  There is not a single bad actor in the entire film, which is pretty rare to find these days.   Most everyone in this film were actors I had never seen nor heard of before (other thane Kane Hodder, of course, that actually had a very small role).  I think we will be seeing a lot more of everyone involved in this film. 

  Another great thing about this film were the effects.  Everything was practical effects, no CGI at all which is the way all horror movies should be in my opinion!  

  Also, as dark, scary, and gory as this film is....it also contains tons of humor.  Lots of tongue-in-cheek humor and horror movie clichés. A lot of times when you try to mix real horror with humor, you don't get good results.  With this film, though, the filmmakers created a perfect blend of humor and horror.   The movie has a SCREAM like vibe to it with all the horror movie references and clichés, but on a much darker level.  Think SCREAM if it was actually scary and a real horror film more than the comedy than it is. 

  I highly recommend MUCK to all horror fans.   This is one  that you need to stop what you're doing and go get your hands on a copy of this immediately.   MUCK is available now on DVD and Blu-ray from Anchor Bay Entertainment. 


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/Entertainment.aspx





No comments:

Post a Comment