Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

DVD Review: DEAD ON APPRAISAL


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1961236/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1DEAD ON APPRAISAL
Directed by Sean Canfield, Scott Dawson and David Sherbrook
Distributed by  Brain Damage Films

  I have seen some crazy films in my life, but this one is up there in terms of crazy!   Here is the basic plot synopsis from the Brain Damage Films website:

  In this bizarre anthology, Infested Films tells the story of real estate agent John Dante, who can't sell his house. By reliving the house's sordid past, John discovers that there may be more lurking beneath the surface of this seemingly cursed abode.

  This anthology is made up of three tales:  THE MORNING AFTER, FATHER LAND, and FREDDIE AND THE GOBLINS.  I found the first tale and third to be a lot of fun.  The middle tale, FATHER LAND, was way too slow for me.  In fact, I found myself actually fast forwarding through that one....something I rarely do.   But as the saying goes, two out of three 'aint bad!

  DEAD ON APPRAISAL is extremely low budget and it shows, but what the filmmakers are able to do with their budget is pretty amazing when it comes to the effects and gore in this film.  The gore really is the star of the show here, with tons of blood and crazy effects, most of which are all practical effects.  Very little CG is used that I can tell, except for the scene where someone gets shot and you can see right through him through the hole in his abdomen.  That was a very cool scene, though, so we can let the CG slide for that one  (you can probably tell I am not a fan of the CG effects in horror films). 
 
  I couldn't do a review of this film without mentioning the puppets from the final story.  Yes, I said puppets.  Seems silly, but I can't help but like a movie with puppets, especially when they are as nasty and crude as these puppets are!  

  While not a masterpiece by any means, DEAD ON APPRAISAL is a fun film and definitely worth you checking out.   If you've seen it already, leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

  DEAD ON APPRAISAL is available now on DVD and contains the following special features:

*  Behind the scenes featurettes
*  Original Trailers


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

http://braindamagefilms.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment