Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, January 31, 2014

DVD Review: MARK OF THE DEVIL

 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065491/MARK OF THE DEVIL
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Cheezy Flicks Entertainment

I love old horror films, especially ones from the 70's and 80's.  They just don't make
them like that anymore.    MARK OF THE DEVIL is from 1970 and is truly a horror classic.  I had often hear of this film, but had never had the opportunity to check it out until now.  Here is the basic plot of the film from the Cheezy Flicks website:

Banned in many countries!  - Udo Kier is a witch hunter apprentice to Herbert Lom. Udo believes strongly in his mentor and in the ways of the church but loses faith when he catches Lom strangle a man to death for calling him impotent. Kier begins to see for himself that the witch trials are nothing but a scam of the church to seduce women, rob people of their land, money, and other personal belongings. in the end, the towns people revolt, Herbert Llom escapes and poor Udo is tortured to death by the towns people with the his own devices from the dungeon.  - Rated 'V' for violence - this film contains very strong graphic torture!

I was actually surprised at how well the torture scenes held up.  I assumed they would all be super cheesy and look just awful, considering the age of this film, but that was not the case.   The gore looks good and some of the  torture scenes are downright cringe-worthy, especially a scene of two women being burned alive at the stake, due to being accused of being witches.  

 The acting in this movie is pretty good from all actors.  The film reminds me of the old Hammer films, and some of the beautiful, busty actresses could easily be Hammer actresses. 
 
  At 96 minutes, the movie moves along well and has very few dull parts.  Overall, I would highly recommend this film.   This is a welcome addition to my DVD library, and is a film I will be watching again in the near future. 

  Cheezy Flicks has this DVD at the ridiculous price of only $3.99 at the time of this writing.  The DVD comes with a vomit bag, a recreation of the vomit bags handed out in theaters back when the movie was originally released.

Check out the Cheezy Flicks website for crazy cheap deals on this DVD and other great classic films!


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

http://cheezyflicks.com/shop/index.php?route=common/home





 

No comments:

Post a Comment