Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, December 6, 2013

Here's a recommendation for a great new horror novel, THE DEVIL'S WOODS by Brian Moreland


http://www.amazon.com/The-Devils-Woods-Brian-Moreland/dp/1619215659/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_pap?ie=UTF8&qid=1386003390&sr=8-1&keywords=the+devil%27s+woodsTHE DEVIL'S WOODS
by Brian Moreland
Published by Samhain Publishing

"This is indeed prime, grade-A horror writing." - Scott Baker, Shattered Ravings

For those of you into horror novels, you will definitely want to check out this new book that came out this week.  It is THE DEVIL'S WOODS by Brian Moreland.  My buddy Scott, who runs the Shattered Ravings Blog, gave this book a great review last month.  You can read his review HERE.  Here is the book's plot synopsis from it's Amazon.com page:

 Deep within the Canadian wilderness, people have been disappearing for over a century. There is a place the locals call “the Devil’s Woods,” but to speak of it will only bring the devil to your door. It is a place so evil that even animals avoid it.
  When their father’s expedition team goes missing, Kyle Elkheart and his brother and sister return to the abandoned Cree Indian reservation where they were born. Kyle can see ghosts that haunt the woods surrounding the village—and they seem to be trying to warn him.  The search for their father will lead Kyle and his siblings to the dark heart of the legendary forest, where their mission will quickly become a fight for survival.



 My buddy Scott has been telling me about Mr. Moreland's novels for some time now.  I trust his judgment completely, as we seem to have the same taste in anything and everything horror related. So if he says this book is a great read, then I believe it, even if I haven't read it myself yet.  Between my full time job, a wife and twin 7 year old boys, and running this blog, I just don't seem to find the time to read like I used to, but I am going to try to find, no, make time to read some of Mr. Moreland's books this coming year.  In fact, I think I will just go ahead and make that one of my New Year's resolutions!

  If you are a fan of horror novels, check out THE DEVIL'S WOODS or any of Mr. Moreland's other great novels. 

CLICK HERE to purchase THE DEVIL'S WOODS

CLICK HERE to visit the official website of author Brian Moreland for info on some of his other novels


No comments:

Post a Comment