Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Blu-ray Review: THE SEASONING HOUSE (2012)

  
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555093/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_3THE SEASONING HOUSE
Directed by 
Distributed by WELL GO USA

  From the looks of the Blu-ray cover I was expecting some cheesy, Japanese style horror film...like along the lines of RINGU or the JU-ON films.  The cover image just reminded me of that for some reason.  Well, I am happy to say that THE SEASONING HOUSE is nothing like that at all. In fact, it's not really a horror film at all, although it does contain some horror aspects. More on that later, first, here is the basic plot synopsis from the Well Go USA website:

  The Seasoning House - where young girls are prostituted to the military. Angel (Rosie Day), an orphaned deaf mute, is enslaved to care for them. She moves between the walls and crawlspaces, planning her escape. Planning her ingenious and brutal revenge.

  This film is more of a dark drama/suspense/thriller...it's not a true horror film by any means.  The acting in this film is superb and some scenes look like they really took a lot effort from the actors.   The film was shot well and just looks good.  One thing I could not get over was how good some of the kill scenes were.  One scene in particular that was so good was a stabbing scene.  I have never seen such a realistic stabbing scene in a movie before. This scene made me cringe many times, something that most movies can't do.  This scene was super bloody and extremely brutal.  It's hard to watch so be warned!

 This shows to be Director Paul Hyett's first feature film according to his imdb.com page.   This is very impressive and I can't wait to check out more from Mr. Hyett in the future!  THE SEASONING HOUSE is available now on DVD and Blu-ray from Well Go USA.   I highly recommend this one!!


CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.wellgousa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment