Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blu-ray Review: ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE (2006)

 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490076/ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE
Directed by
Distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment

  This is one film that I have been looking forward to seeing for years.   I heard about this movie years ago, and periodically there would be news of a DVD release date, but that date would come and go and the release kept being delayed.  Finally, ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE has been released by the great folks at Anchor Bay Entertainment!   I am happy to say, it was worth the wait!  This was one of the most enjoyable horror films I have seen this year!  Here is the basic plot of the film from the Anchor Bay website:

  Amber Heard (Machete Kills) stars as Mandy Lane, an untouchable Texas high-school beauty who is invited by her classmates to a weekend getaway at a secluded ranch. But as the sun goes down and the party rages on, the festivities take a disturbing turn. And for lovely Mandy Lane, a night of endless horror has just begun. Anson Mount (Hell On Wheels), Whitney Able (Monsters) and Michael Welch (The Twilight Saga) co-star in this acclaimed and controversial shocker from director Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies).

  As I said before, this film was definitely worth the wait.  I really enjoyed this film for a number of reasons.  The main thing I loved about this film was the style of it.  It was shot very well and in a cool style, with some different scene fades, and some other shots I am not used to in a horror film.  It's hard for me to really describe, but you will see what I mean about the shooting style when you see it. 

  Another great thing about this film is the acting.  I thought it was done very well with not a weak actor in the group.   The story is one we have seen before  (kids go to a camp/cabin/whatever and get picked off one by one), but this film managed to bring a nice twist to this overly done plot theme.   I can't say I didn't see it coming, and you will most definitely figure out who the killer is before it is revealed, but there is still a nice twist at the end that you probably wont see coming.  

  I highly recommend this film for any fan of slasher flicks.  ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE is available now on DVD and Blu-ray from Anchor Bay Films, and includes Feature Commentary with Director Jonathan Levine.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/Entertainment.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed. You're truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. I'm saving this for future use.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete