Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blu-ray Review: AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM

 
AMERICAN HORROR STORY:  ASYLUM
Distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

  There are some excellent horror related TV shows on these days, but one of the best ones by far is AMERICAN HORROR STORY.  If you watched the 1st season, you will know how good this show is.  From the acting to the writing, everything about this show is amazing.   I loved the first season, so I was hoping the 2nd season would be as good.   Well, I am happy to say that the 2nd season titled, AMERICAN HORROR STORY:  ASYLUM, did not disappoint!   Each season of AHS will be an entirely new story.  Here is the basic plot of ASYLUM courtesy of 20th Century Fox:

Step inside a madhouse of horrors and experience the chilling new incarnation of TV’s most daringly provocative series. The sins of the past haunt the present at the notorious Briarcliff home for the criminally insane, ruled with an iron fist by Sister Jude. Forbidden desire and terrifying evil lurk around every corner...from alien abduction to demonic possession to a skin-wearing psychopath known as “Bloody Face.” Emmy® winner JESSICA LANGE leads an exceptional ensemble cast, including ZACHARY QUINTO, JAMES CROMWELL and SARAH PAULSON.

  To be honest, I am just about halfway through AHS:  ASYLUM.  I watched all of the first season and loved it!  I had the 2nd season recorded on my DVR, but when we moved we changed DVR boxes so I lost them all.  Luckily, AHS: ASYLUM is available now on DVD and Blu-ray from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, so I am able to watch all the episodes.  I am only 6 episodes in and I can already tell you that the 2nd season is much crazier and scarier than the first season.  I love that Jessica Lange is back, as she was one of my favorite actors from Season 1. There are some other returning actors as well.  What's neat about this concept that even though it is considered the "2nd Season" of AMERICAN HORROR STORY, it is a completely new storyline and has nothing to do with the first season.  So if you didn't catch the first season, you can start with season 2 as it is basically a brand new show.

  This is by far one of the best horror shows on TV.  Check this show out for sure and pick up your copy of Season 2 today!

  AMERICAN HORROR STORY:  ASYLUM is available now on DVD and Blu-ray and contains the following special features:

*  The Orderly
*  What Is American Horror Story:  Asylum?
*  Welcome To Briarcliff Manor
*  The Creatures
*  Deleted Scenes


CLICK HERE to watch the promo trailers for ASYLUM
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD or Blu-ray

2 comments:

  1. I had a great experience and would love to use this site again.

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete