Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blu-ray Review: THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND


THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND
Directed by
Distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment

  It feels like it's been a while since my last film review!  With the packing, and moving, and then unpacking, and then the death of my old computer, I guess it has been a while since my last review post.  Well, I am happy to say I am starting back up with a good one!   The film is THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND.  Here is the basic plot of the film from the Anchor Bay website:

  During a Turkish archaeological dig early last century, an ancient board game said to have entertained demons was unearthed. Now nearly 90 years later, a group of vacationing friends – including a cynic (Danielle Harris of HALLOWEEN), a rich jerk (James Duval DONNIEof  DARKO), a slutty starlet (Mircea Monroe of Hart Of Dixie”), a jock (Nick Menell of FRIDAY THE 13TH) and prudish twin sisters (Electra & Elise Avellan of GRINDHOUSE) – discover the game hidden in an old house on a remote Maine island. And with a roll of the dice, their darkest secrets will unleash all the greed, jealously and lusts of Hell itself. Richard Tyson (BLACK HAWK DOWN) and Robert Patrick (TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY) co-star in this gory shocker that Horror.com calls “good olfashioned horror movie fun!”

 This was a very fun film, but I do have to admit it is slow at times.  Stick with it though, because the ending is pretty brutal and contains a very cool plot twist.  The acting is mediocre, although Danielle Harris does a great job as always, and there is just something about the Avellan twins that I love, so they are always fun to watch.  
  The effects in this film are very good, and I am happy to report there is quite a bit of blood and gore in this movie, including an awesome chainsaw scene at the end! 
  Check this one out if you get the chance.  THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND is available now on DVD and Blu-ray and includes an Alternate Opening  as the only special feature.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


No comments:

Post a Comment