Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Classic horror movies I admit I have never seen....until now! PART 1: THE BURNING (1981)


 Yep, I admit it.  I have known and heard about this movie for years, but somehow never actually watched the classic 1981 summer camp slasher flick, THE BURNING.   I love 80's horror films, so how this one slipped by me all these years is a mystery to me.   Well, I finally watched this movie the other day for the first time.  It was a great slasher film, just what you would expect from a good 'ol 80's horror flick.  One thing that I found fascinating was that one of the main teenagers was played by none other than Jason Alexander, who is probably best known for playing the part of George Costanza on the greatest sitcom of all time, SEINFELD.  Jason was about 21 or 22 when he filmed THE BURNING, but looks the part of a teenager for sure.  For a SEINFELD fan like myself, it was just amazing to see him with a full head of hair! 

  Check out the trailer and look for Jason Alexander....you can see him pretty good in the first part of the trailer.  He is the kid wearing the green and white 96 jersey in the canoe.  If you haven't seen THE BURNING, definitely check it out.  

  I hope to make this a regular feature on the 4H blog, as I'm sure there are quite a few more "classic" horror films that I haven't seen.  What about you?  Any of you care to admit to any classic horror films that you know you should have seen but haven't ever watched for some reason?  Leave a comment below and let us know!  

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer

4 comments:

  1. THE BURNING is a pretty standard slasher flick, hitting all of the 1980s genre conventions right on the head...but it's a hell of a fun ride! I was shocked to see George Costanza, as well. In total agreement with you re: SEINFELD as the greatest sitcom of all time. In fact, I'm watching a rerun right this minute. Too bad Kramer isn't wielding a pair of gardening shears...

    My review (if you're interested)
    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this one either, but plan on doing so at some point. The one classic I havent seen is Scarecrows (1988), I wish I'd get off my ass and see it already, I hear its quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM, I will go check out your review right now! FG- I will admit I have not seen that one either! Maybe that will show up on a futre blog post! Thanks for your comments guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burning is great, I myself have probably only seen it once or twice. I've had the urge to revisit it as of late but I'm holding off until the Scream Factory release.

    ReplyDelete