Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

DVD Review: BAD MEAT (2011)


BAD MEAT
Directed by
Distributed by MVD Entertainment

I knew nothing about this movie before its arrival in my mailbox for review.  I find this kind of surprising, as this is a really good horror flick that I am surprised is not getting more attention.  Maybe it is, and I just haven't seen it, but I had never even heard of BAD MEAT.  I had no clue what to expect, but what I got was a suspenseful, gross-out horror film that was a lot of fun!   Here is the basic plot from the MVD website:

Ordered to a delinquent camp by their exasperated parents, a group of wayward teens fall foul of a deadly virus that infects the guards and turns them into flesh-eating monsters! Gristle and gore are on the menu-as are the kids in this Brat Camp slaughterhouse massacre.

This movie is really well done, with good acting by most all involved. It is a good story with lots of great gross-out scenes courtesy of the bad meat that the cook at this camp serves the staff.  It seems as though a disgruntled employee decides to get back at his boss and co-workers by serving them this bad meat.  The meat is apparently tainted with some weird virus that turns the staff deathly sick.  If you you can't handle vomit, this movie is not for you!  The sickness makes the staff deathly sick to the point of vomiting until they can not vomit anymore.  They are week and look like they are dieing, but then the virus turns and gives them almost super like powers and energy.  Along with this, is the desire to eat human flesh!  So not really a zombie movie by any means, but very similar.

This movie has some great gore and as mentioned before, some very gross scenes.  The only special features is a trailer, which is a shame, as I would have loved to see how they did some of the gore effects in this film. Oh well.  All in all this was a good horror flick worthy of a view.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment