Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Check out the upcoming documentary, THE JEFFREY DAHMER FILES...

 
  Most of my readers know I love zombies.  I love books about them, movies about them...whatever.  But what you might not know is that I am a huge fan of true crime.  I have always been fascinated by books and films about serial killers.  I guess they just amaze me in that I find it unbelievable that people could do the things they do.  Most of their stories sound like a movie, rather than real life.  It's not a coincidence that many of the greatest horror movies of all time were based on real life serial killers such as Ed Gein and Albert Fish, just to a name a few.  
  While the fictional films are great, I really enjoy documentaries about serial killers.  This is why I am very excited about a new film called, THE JEFFREY DAHMER FILES  (or simply, JEFF, as it is being called for the festival circuit).   Jeffrey Dahmer was a serial killer from the early 90's, and probably the most publicized that I remember hearing about in my lifetime.
  Here is a little bit about the film from the film's official website:

  In 1991 Jeffrey Dahmer was arrested in Milwaukee and sentenced to 957 years in prison for killing 17 people and dismembering their bodies. ‘Jeff’ explores the city of Milwaukee by meeting those surrounding Dahmer during and after his hidden spree. Recollections from Milwaukee Medical Examiner Jeffrey Jentzen, Police Detective Patrick Kennedy, and neighbor Pamela Bass are interwoven with archival footage and everyday scenes from Dahmer’s life, working collectively to disassemble the facade of an ordinary man leading an ordinary existence.

  This sounds like a very cool project and hopefully I will get to check it out soon.  If so, I will do a full review on the 4H blog for ya!   Until then, check out the film's website for more info.  THE JEFFREY DAHMER FILES is scheduled to open February 15 at select theaters in New York and will be available on most Cable and Satellite On Demand services.


CLICK HERE to visit the film's official website

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard about this one so thanks for the info! I'm quite curious about serial killers & true crime as well, I'm always watching those kind of docs on tv and the likes.
    It's just so hard to imagine how people could be so demented, right??

    ReplyDelete