Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

DVD Review: TAETER CITY (2012)

 
TAETER CITY
Written & Directed by Giulio De Santi
Production Company: Necrostorm Productions
  
 A while back I did a review of a crazy film called ADAM CHAPLIN, which was full of over-the-top gore  (you can read that review here).  Well, I never thought I would see another film filled with as much gore and disturbing images as that film had.  Well, leave it to the fine folks at Necrostorm to top that film with a new film that is drenched in gore!  TAETER CITY is the newest film from Necrostorm and is as bloody and violent as ADAM CHAPLIN, if not even more so. 

  The film shows a futuristic society where criminals are used as meat in the government (called "The Authority") run fast food burger chain, Taeter Burger.   That is pretty much all the plot there is.  That is really my only issue with this film...the plot and story line is pretty broad and basically we are left with just a movie with not much substance in terms of a story line.  But...honestly, that is not why most people want to watch this film.  Most of us are here for the blood and gore, and in that area, TAETER BURGER delivers in a huge way!  I would like to see what Necrostorm could do with a little more linear story line shot in a regular narrative.   But, again, this does not take away from the enjoyment of this film. 

  TAETER CITY is full of crazy images, some of which were cringe worthy, at least for this viewer anyway.  Also, while most of the gore is CG, there are some practical effects that I honestly have no clue how they were done.  One scene in particular involves a man cutting off his own fingers in a sink, and I swear the filmmakers must have found someone willing to actually cut off their fingers!!  Ok, so maybe not, but the effect was just that good.

  There are two versions of the DVD you can purchase, the Standard Edition and the Collector's Edition.  I highly recommend the Collector's Edition, as it has some exclusive extras that are really worth a watch including the short cartoon GASTRIC COMBAT, and a great cartoon series by the director of TAETER CITY called DHONDOLONE, where the character of the cartoon just keeps dying in the most bizarre ways!  Also, with the Collector's Edition DVD, you will receive a baseball hat with the TAETER CITY logo, some postcards/coupons from Taeter Burger, an Authority Biker ID card, and a TAETER CITY autographed poster personally signed by director Giulio De Santi!  Getting all the extra is well worth a few extra dollars in my opinion!    

 Necrostorm is an Italian company, but they ship world wide and the DVD's are region free, so they will play just fine in all our DVD players over here in the States! 

 If you are a fan of blood and gore  (which you probably are if you are reading this blog), then do yourself a favor and check out TAETER CITY asap!  It is a non-stop gore fest that you will not soon forget!

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Collector's Edition DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Standard Edition DVD



2 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks great! I am a fan of blood and gore! You are speaking my language! Thanks for sharin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! Check it out, along with the film ADAM CHAPLIN. Crazy stuff!!

    ReplyDelete