Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

DVD Review: 2-HEADED SHARK ATTACK (2012)


  
2-HEADED SHARK ATTACK
Directed by Christopher Ray
Distributed by The Asylum

 I have been impressed with the latest few films from The Asylum lately, and continue to be so with the release of 2-HEADED SHARK ATTACK!  Ok, I know what you are thinking...really?  Yes, really. I happen to love that title....probably because I love B-movies and this is an instant modern day B-movie.  Here is the very basic plot from The Asylum's website:

When a college educational ship is sunk by a mutated two-headed shark, the survivors escape to a deserted atoll. But when it starts flooding, the coeds are no longer safe from the double jaws of the monster.

  I might have to throw this into the category of so-bad-its-good....but either way, I can't help but admit that I enjoyed this film.  The film stars Carmen Electra, Charlie O'Connell  (Jerry O'Connell's brother) and Brooke Hogan  (Hulk Hogan's daughter).  I have to admit that the acting is not very good overall, but we know the real star of the show here is the shark, or actually the 2-headed shark!
Although, I do have to say that Brooke Hogan was actually not too bad as an actress, she did much better than I was expecting.

 As for the shark, well he (or she?) did a great job!  I was actually surprised with the shark effects, as many were practical effects which looked really good.   Now there were plenty of CG shark effects, and they look about as you would expect if you've seen any of the other Asylum or Scy-fy channel's crazy shark films.  They aren't awful, but they definitely look fake.  The practical effects  used with the shark actually looked really good and very realistic.  There is plenty of shark action in this film, and tons of great kills. 

 This is a fun movie that doesn't take itself seriously (with a title like that, how could it?), so you shouldn't take this one too seriously either.  Don't go in expecting the next JAWS...just expect to have fun and I think you will with this film. 

2-HEADED SHARK ATTACK is available now on DVD and contains the following special features:

*  The Making Of 2-Headed Shark Attack
*  Bloopers

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that's my biggest fear now. It used to be sharks, but I'm gonna say two headed sharks are a little bit scarier. I'll get it for the husband but I can't watch shark movies without feeling sick the whole time, but bring on the zombies lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yep...not much worse than a killer shark except a two-headed one!

    ReplyDelete