Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chucky is back!! THE CURSE OF CHUCKY is in production!












 I am still playing catch-up on all the horror news I missed while I was in Costa Rica for a couple of weeks, and one of the coolest things I have found was the announcement that a new CHILD'S PLAY/CHUCKY movie is being made!   That's right, THE CURSE OF CHUCKY has begun production!  Chucky is, of course, the killer Good Guy doll we first met back in 1988 with the release of CHILD'S PLAY.   The movie was a pretty big success and went on to spawn the sequels CHILDS'S PLAY 2, CHILD'S PLAY 3, BRIDE OF CHUCKY, and SEED OF CHUCKY.   I found out about this new film while browsing one of my favorite Horror sites, Dread Central. Here is the basic plot synopsis of THE CURSE OF CHUCKY  (or just CURSE OF CHUCKY as I have seen it on some listings), courtesy of the DreadCentral.com:

Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister, Barb (Danielle Bisutti), arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.

THE CURSE OF CHUCKY is filming now, and should be released sometime next year.  The film is begin directed by series creator, Don Mancini  (who also directed the last Chucky movie, SEED OF CHUCKY).  I will definitely be checking this one out, as I am a huge fan of the Chucky movies.  What about you?  Are you excited about this new project, or do you think Chucky has overstayed his welcome?  Let me know with a comment what you think about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment