Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

DVD Review: DEAD SEASON (2012)

 
DEAD SEASON
Directed by Adam Deyoe
Distributed by Image Entertainment

Zombie films are a dime a dozen these days, seems like every week a new zombie film is coming out and while most are mediocre at best, every now and then a really good one comes along.  I am happy to report that DEAD SEASON is a fun, entertaining zombie film that is worth a watch.  Here is the plot synopsis courtesy of the Image Entertainment website:

When a worldwide viral outbreak leads to a plague of zombies scouring the earth for the living, two survivors flee the chaos of America to a remote island, hoping for a chance to start a new life. What they find is unrelenting horror. Beyond the hordes of the flesh-hungry undead, the other people already on the island force the pair into a fight-or-die battle amongst themselves. Armed only with crude weapons, they must descend to savagery and cutthroat tactics just to make it through each day. Packed with cutting-edge action and outrageous gore, DEAD SEASON is a riveting new spin on the zombie genre!

Originality can be hard to find in zombie movies, but DEAD SEASON manages to find it.  Actor James C. Burns plays the main leader on the island and he pretty much decides who stays and who goes, based on what skills he thinks that person can bring to their group.  He even goes as far as to making the choice not to help one of the groups injured, but instead orders our main character to chop him up and use him as food for the group.   You don't see that in very many zombie movies these days!

The acting is great, and the zombie effects and gore are superb!  There is  some great zombie gore on display, some of which reminded me of some of the great Romero films like DAWN OF THE DEAD and DAY OF THE DEAD. 

DEAD SEASON is out now on DVD and contains the following Special Features:

*  Filmmaker Commentary
*  The Making of DEAD SEASON
*  Deleted Scenes
*  Outtakes
*  Trailer
 
CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

2 comments:

  1. just bought it and enjoyed it...I've read some great reviews and others not so kind. Thing is, I find myself a great judge of what is good and what is bad and this film is actually really well done. Yes I get they did not reinvent the damn wheel here, but who cares, at least it's not another Twilight (which I don't mind but am using as my example). So I don't know what the "reviewers" that also more than likely work another job are watching. You go make a movie if you think you can...I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I thought it was a good zombie film for sure...well worthy of a watch.

    ReplyDelete