Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, March 9, 2012

DVD Review: THE BURNING MOON (1997)

  
THE BURNING MOON
Written & Directed by:  Olaf Ittenbach
Distributed by Intervision Picture Corp./CAV Distributing

 I don't know about you, but I had never heard of THE BURNING MOON until it showed up in my mailbox a few weeks ago.  Here is the plot synopsis from the CAV website:

 In 1992, writer/director/special effects master Olaf Ittenbach changed the face of video horror, force-fed its ripped-out eyeballs to screaming audiences, then used a drill, machete and shotgun on its still-twitching torso: Ittenbach himself stars as a degenerate junkie who babysits his young sister with two bedtime stories of the damned. First, an escaped serial killer turns date night into a graphic family massacre. Then a country priest on a rape and murder spree leads to a disturbingly explicit descent into Hell. It became the VHS that shocked America. It has been banned in its Motherland for nearly 20 years. And it remains perhaps the most violent and depraved shot-on-video saga in history. This is THE BURNING MOON.
 

 I must say that if you are a fan of gore, you will love THE BURNING MOON.  The movie is full of the red stuff and does some things I have never seen before in a film, including an awful teeth drilling scene that sent chills up my spine! 

 The acting is pretty bad honestly, and the film quality is pretty bad, which normally would be a bad thing.  But in this case, it is almost fitting for the film.  It reminded me of watching an old VHS copy of a movie when I was a kid back in the 80's.  I was actually really surprised to see the production date listed as 1997, because the film actually looks and feels quite a bit older than that to me.

 The story lines are ok, nothing really special, but lets face it.  You aren't going to watch this film hoping for a fulfilling story and great character and plot development.  You are going to watch it for the gore and with that, you will not be let down.

 If you can stomach the gore, give this one a look for sure.  The DVD is set to be released next Tuesday, March 13th and will contain the following special features:

* Making of Burning Moon (47 minutes)
* Trailer for the film
* Trailers for other Intervision films
* Reversible Cover Art


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, Intervision, purveyors of other fine VHS-to-DVD transfer dreck such SLEDGEHAMMER and the immortally terrible THINGS. :) Gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete