Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

THE EVIL DEAD remake is a go!!

I know a  lot of people hate horror remakes, but I personally love them.  They don't take anything away from the original...we will always have those, but they can introduce a new generation of movie watchers to some great stories and characters and even get them interested in seeing the originals if they haven't already.

I say all this because Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell have announced an official THE EVIL DEAD remake!   Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert will all be producing the film with the directing duties being given to Fede Alvarez.

I am personally very excited about this.  Anything involving THE EVIL DEAD is ok in my book, even if it is not the EVIL DEAD 4 we've all been wishing for.  I am confident Sam will make sure this is a top notch film that lives up to its name.  


CLICK HERE to read the full article from The Hollywood Reporter

3 comments:

  1. HELL YES... as long as it isn't rated pg-13 we might have something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True....although I am done bashing PG-13 Horror films. I used to just write a Horror film off if I saw it was PG-13, but after INSIDIOUS and Raimi's DRAG ME TO HELL, I have seen that even some PG-13 Horror films can be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got mixed feelings on this. Why mess with a classic? I've only seen one reimaged classic that I really enjoyed (Snyder's DAWN OF THE DEAD). But we'll see.

    ReplyDelete