Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

DVD Review: VAMPIRE GIRL VS. FRANKENSTEIN GIRL (2009)

If you are a fan of MACHINE GIRL, TOKYO GORE POLICE, and other Japanese gore films such as these, you are going to love one of Funimation Entertainment's newest releases, VAMPIRE GIRL VS. FRANKENSTEIN GIRL! VGvsFG was directed by both Yoshihiro Nishimura and Naoyuki Tomomatsu, and they take you on one extremely wild, blood drenched ride. Here is the basic plot from imdb.com:

Transfer student Monami has a secret and a past that has caught up with Mizushima. Deceiving Mizushima into eating a token gift of chocolate, laced with her blood, he is then catapulted into Monami's vampire world of blood, death and love. Jilted girlfriend Keiko has other ideas. With a sudden twist of fate, she is then transformed into the hideous and unforgiving Frankenstein Girl, and the battle for Mizushima's heart begins.


I have to start by saying I absolutely love Japanese splatter films. I don't know why U.S. filmmakers haven't caught on to this over the top gore rides and made splatter flicks like this of their own. Until then, we have the film industry of Japan to thank for keeping these films going. This movie is hard to describe, as there really isn't much of a story going on. The main thing of this film is the visuals. Some scenes are absolutely stunning in their (mostly blood red) brilliance. The use of colors in this film (again, a LOT of red) is very cool. I can't imagine how hard it was to film a movie like this. Some of the sets and scenes are so wild and over the top, it is amazing this is actually a live action film. Watching this film feels like you are watching a cartoon to some extent, as things this wild and crazy don't normally happen on film.

As simple as the plot is, it can actually be somewhat confusing at times. There are some things within the film that, while very entertaining, you wonder what it actually has to do with the story. This is a hard review to write, as it is such a crazy movie with too many things to wrap my mind around and to comprehend. So, don't take the film too seriously. Just sit back and get ready for a wild ride with TONS of gore. In fact, this could be the goriest film I have ever seen, and that is a bold statement to make. I mean, what other movie shows a girl getting her faced peeled of like someone was peeling an apple, with her head spinning around and around as a strip of skin is peeled off, eventually revealing her bloody skull! Brilliant!

Watch the trailer below and then go buy this DVD. This was a fun, entertaining movie that I will be watching again very soon for sure.

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

CLICK HERE to visit the official website of Funimation Entertainment

2 comments:

  1. Put it in my q! I'll be checking it out soon! Thanks for reminding me I needed to see this one. I had seen an add for it on Fangoria, but had completely forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help! It is a crazy F'ed up movie! Just like I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete