Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Check out the awesome short film, GET OF MY PORCH

I have recently come across a great production company called SenoReality Pictures. I recently watched their latest short film titled, GET OFF MY PORCH. Before we go into the film, first I want to give you a little background on SenoReality Pictures. Here is a description of the company from the SenoReality Pictures official website:

SenoReality Pictures, LLC is a production company based on the talents of Patrick Rea, Ryan S. Jones and Josh Robison. We were founded in March 2002 and are based entirely in Lawrence, KS. We run Avid and Final Cut Pro, DVD authoring and Digital 5.1 sound mixing. Since our foundation, we have produced numerous films, including two feature DVD releases in 2007--The Empty Acre (Cinema Epoch) and Heartland Horrors - Season 1 (Elite Entertainment). In 2008 we won a regional Emmy for the short film Women’s Intuition.

This is a great company and one to keep your eye on for sure. Now, back to the short film. GET OFF MY PORCH is probably one of the best short films I have ever seen. I know that is a bold statement, but I stand behind it 100%. I will definitely be watching this again in the near future. Clocking in at just 14 minutes, it is the perfect length to tell its story, but not overstay it's welcome as some "short" films do.

The basic premise of the film is that a couple of girl scout type girls called the Adventure Girls go to sell a man cookies, which he does not want to buy. The girls are very adamant about him buying some cookies, as most of his neighbors have bought some, but he is having no part of it. The girls don't take no for an answer and go as far as invading his home, laughing and giggling the whole time. But while they seem like sweet little girls, they are hiding a very big secret which the man soon discovers.

I wont ruin it for you by telling you too much, you will have to see it for yourself. I will give you a hint, the film reminded me of such films as INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS mixed with a bit of THE STEPFORD WIVES. Apparently, these cookies do more than just taste good!

The acting in this film is superb. It was shot well and directed well. Production wise, this movie couldn't have been any better. The film mixes suspense, horror, and even some humor together flawlessly. Take a look at this film and keep checking back over the next few weeks as I highlight more short films from SenoReality Pictures!


CLICK HERE to watch GET OFF MY PORCH for free, online at Vimeo.com

CLICK HERE to visit the official website of SenoReality Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment