Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fanboy Comics Presents: SOMETHING ANIMAL

Fanboy Comics is a new independent comic book publishing company founded by Barbra Dillon, Bryant Dillon, and Sam Rhodes. Fanboy has some great projects lined up, but the biggest one is a joint-project consisting of an upcoming graphic novel and short film titled, SOMETHING ANIMAL. Here is the basic plot:

After witnessing his sister's brutal murder, Jack struggles to cope with the disturbing psychological aftermath. Tormented by images of the attack, Jack finds himself physically ill and unable to eat. Scared and alone, he is forced to confront a growing thirst for blood and the harsh reality that either his sanity is quickly crumbling or that he is turning into something else....something dark...something animal!

Those lucky enough to attend this years San Diego Comic Con had a chance to nab an exclusive Fanboy Comics DVD, which featured a preview of the SOMETHING ANIMAL graphic novel and 2 trailers for the upcoming short film. I got my hands on one of these DVD's and I am super excited about this project. The short film was produced by Barbra Dillon, written by Sam Rhodes and is directed by Bryant Dillon. The graphic novel was written by both Sam and Bryant based on a story by Ben Rhodes. The graphic novel features the artwork of Robert Burrows.

The trailers for the short film don't give much away, they are more of teasers if anything, but from the little we see, I can say I am super excited about seeing the full film. It looks to be super low budget, and looks to be a gritty tale of vampires. And you gore hounds should not be disappointed, as from the looks of the trailer, we are in store for plenty of bloodshed, as any good vampire film should have!

The graphic novel looks to be just as good if not even better than the film. The artwork by Robert Burrows is great. It is not clean and polished like some comic art, but that is a good thing here, and is a very fitting style for this type of dark story (think Templesmith's artwork for the 30 Days of Night comics).

I will keep you posted once I have seen a release date for both the short film and the graphic novel of SOMETHING ANIMAL!

CLICK HERE
to visit the official website of SOMETHING ANIMAL
CLICK HERE to visit the official website of Fanboy Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment