Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DVD Review: VAMPEGEDDON (2010)

I recently watched Midnight Releasing's VAMPEGEDDON! The film was written by David C. Hayes and directed byJeffrey Alan Miller. Here is the basic plot from imdb.com:

Chased out of the old world, the dark vampire lord Giovanni flees to the American southwest where he sets up a new brood. Longshank, Brittan's premier vampire slayer follows him here, and in a final confrontation in the Arizona desert both are killed. A hundred years later Melissa, a gorgeous, goth, lesbian college student, is obsessed with becoming a vampire and escaping her terrible home life. Along with her four friends, Ted, Liz, Mona, and Kent, she regularly conducts ceremonies where she tries to commune with dark forces. When she buys an old, evil book at a creepy garage sale she finally has the key she has been searching for. Following her dreams of Giovanni and a map in the book the five friends hike out to "Massacre Lane" and finally summon up some real vampires.

Overall, VAMPEGEDDON is a fun film. I can't say it is a great film by any means, but it is a fun film. The vampires in this film are the old school cape and white face paint type which I actually enjoyed. Any vampire movie that doesn't feature vampires that sparkle already is a plus with me. The film is a very low budget film and it shows, but the filmakers make the most of it and end up with something they can be proud of.

The acting in the movie is mixed, but most of the acting is on the bad end as opposed to the good end. The movie does produce some good gore effects, which is always a nice addition to any film, although it could have contained a few more kill scenes. I assume budget constraints limited that.

Now, all that being said, I actually enjoyed this movie for what it was..which is a silly vampire film filled with blood and babes. It is not to be taken seriously, and I can't think of a better movie for a group of guys to sit around and watch and just have a good time. Some movies are made to make you think..this movie was made for the exact opposite. You don't have to think, you can just sit back and be entertained.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer for VAMPEGEDDON
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


CLICK HERE to visit the official website of Midnight Releasing


1 comment:

  1. I don't normally judge DVDs by their covers (I do) but this looks right up my street!

    ReplyDelete