Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Little Known Horror: RABID GRANNIES (1988)

I used to think nothing was scarier than a crazy old person, but now I realized there is something scarier....a crazy old person with rabies!!! I ran across this film, one I had never heard of before. It is simply titled, RABID GRANNIES! Not sure how I missed this one, as the trailer looks like a great old school horror flick with lots of good gore. It even reminded me of..dare I say it...the EVIL DEAD films! Here is the basic plot from imdb.com:

When given a demonic present by their black sheep nephew two kindly old grannies are transformed into demons who proceed to gorily knock-off their greedy relatives.

Check out the trailer and let me know what you think!

If you like what you see, you can CLICK HERE and you can actually watch the entire film for FREE at imdb.com!
If you want to buy a DVD of RABID GRANNIES from Amazon.com, CLICK HERE
Also, CLICK HERE to read a review of RABID GRANNIES from "The Deady Doll's House Of Horror Nonsense" blog!



5 comments:

  1. It's a classic !
    I love this movie .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I had never seen or heard about this one! I plan on watching it SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a childhood favorite and one that's aged well enough. I reviewed it a few months back here if you're interested: http://deadlydollshouse.blogspot.com/2009/04/grandmother-what-big-teeth-you-have.html

    Oooh, and another killer old people film I recommend, but have yet to track down on DVD, is a little early '80s gem called Homebodies. An apartment is kicking out its rent conrolled tenants, most of whom are senior citizens, and they're not gonna take it! Not great, but fun and weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily! I added a link to your review of this film under my original post! I will check out HOMEBODIES as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hayes! It seems like Homebodies has yet to have a DVD release, which kills me because I had the chance to buy it on VHS a few years back from a random flea market. Ah well. It does, however, look like the the entire film has been posted on youtube, so here's a link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTPmMPxqPA

    I don't quite have the patience to click and load each link, but I'm keeping on my rewatch radar and will be excited to hear what you think if you ever get around to it!

    ReplyDelete