Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DVD Review: BANSHEE!!!

MVD Visual presents a real screamer with its release of BANSHEE!!! The film was directed by Colin Theys and was written by John Doolan, Gregory C. Parrke, and Christian Pindar. Here is the basic plot from imdb.com:




A group of college friends on a spring break camping trip are stalked and slashed by an unknown creature with the ability to make them hallucinate through sound waves. The survivors hold up refuge in an isolated farmhouse, cut off from all communication. Now, they have to come up with a plan to kill this unrelenting creature before it kills them. "Banshee!!!" takes the idea of the legendary Irish myth and spins it around into a terrifying and unstoppable monster!


Let me start out by saying that I LOVED this movie. If you have not seen or heard of this film, do yourself a favor and get a copy right now! I didn't really know what to expect when I started out watching this film. I have seen a lot of low budget creature features and was expecting just that...a low budget film with minimal scares and some horrible CGI. What I got was just the opposite. While I assume the budget was small, the final product doesn't show it. The scares and Gore were plentiful and finally, the CGI creature effects were very impressive. While the Banshee was was obviously computer generated, it blended it nicely with the film and didn't distract from the film like some CGI creatures do.
The film had lots of creepy moments, mostly coming from the fact that the Banshee can take the shape/form of other people...I can't imagine how unsettling it must be to be getting killed while looking yourself right in the face! The acting was better than would be expected from this type of film and the camerawork and lighting is excellent as well. And kudos to the filmmakers for not skimping on the gore! Any movie that features a man getting cut in half at the waist and then his legs and feet still walking around without an upper body gets an A+ in my book! (You will just have to see that to believe it....and did I mention the excellent exploding head scene?)
I can't say enough about how much I liked this film. Watch the trailer below and get your copy today!!!

DVD Special Features include:

*Theatrical Trailer for 'Assault of the Sasquatch'
*Animated Interactive Menus
*Optional Spanish/English Subtitles
*English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio
*Deleted Scenes
*Bloopers & Outtakes
*Commentary
*Theatrical Trailer for 'Banshee!!!'
*16 x 9 Digitally Mastered Widescreen Presentation


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer for BANSHEE!!!
CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of BANSHEE!!! on DVD from SeeOfSound.com

2 comments:

  1. cool, i've been wondering how this movie was. just put it in cue on netflix.

    ReplyDelete