Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Book Review: LURKER IN THE LOBBY: A GUIDE TO THE CINEMA OF H.P. LOVECRAFT

LURKER IS THE LOBBY is a must read for any fan of the films based on the stories of H.P. Lovecraft. The book is written by Andrew Migliore and John Strysik and covers over 50 films based (and some very loosely based) on the mythos of H.P. Lovecraft. You will find the very obvious entries, such as the RE-ANIMATOR films, THE BEYOND, THE CALL OF CTHULHU, IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS, NECRONOMICON, etc. You will also find some you might not know had anything to do with H. P. Lovecraft (i.e. CASTLE FREAK or ALIEN). The book also covers TV shows and shorts based on the stories of Lovecraft. A couple of the best features of this book are the Gallery section, which contains movie posters, movie stills, and illustrations from the films and the Interviews section. The Interviews section contains interviews with some of the biggest names in horror and film, including: Richard Band, John Carpenter, Jeffrey Combs, Roger Corman, Guillermo del Toro, Stuart Gordon, Dan O'Bannon, Brina Yuzna, and others!

The book was published in 2006 by Night Shade Books and can be purchased directly from their website by CLICKING HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Until recently, my only exposure to Lovecraft was essentially Re-Animator, but I've recently started reading his work (on my Kindle) in the order that it was published, posting reviews as I go. THAT should keep me busy for a while.

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realised I had heard of Lovecraft. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovecraft was a such a HUGE influence on so many filmmakers! JM--glad you are looking into his stuff!!

    ReplyDelete