Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, June 5, 2009

David Carradine: 1936 - 2009

The acting world lost one of its greats yesterday, actor David Carradine died at the age of 72 in his hotel room in Bangkok, Thailand while there filming a movie. He was found hung, and the original cause was reported as suicide, but now new info has come out suggesting foul play. Go to CNN.com for the story.

Most remember Carradine from his starring role in the "KUNG FU" TV series which ran from 1972-1975. Newer fans know him from Quentin Tarantino's "KILL BILL V. 1 & 2".
Being the horror fan I am, I mainly remember him from his role as "Frankenstein" in a great horror flick called "DEATH RACE 2000". DR2000 is a Roger Corman produced film that came out in 1975 and is a movie that no horror fan should miss. It is the story of a government sponsored cross country race where pedestrians are run down for points! I remember the elderly being worth more points because they are more of a drain on government funds. HA. Totally absurd, totally wrong, yet lots of fun!

Click HERE to go to the imdb.com page where you can see trailers and clips from DEATH RACE 2000!

If you haven't' seen this film, please go do so. It was an early film of Mr. Carradines and one of his best in my opinion. Mr. Carradine was a great actor, a great man, and will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment