Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Monday, May 18, 2009

This Weeks Horror DVD Releases: May 19

Here are all the Horror genre DVD's planned for release Tuesday, 5/19:

BOLLYWOOD HORROR COLLECTION VOL. 3 (MAHAKAAL: THE MONSTER, TAHKHANA: THE DUNGEON; special edition): Mondo Macabro
CALEB'S DOOR: Celebrity
CHRISTIAN BLAKE: Celebrity
DEF BY TEMPTATION (new special edition): Troma
THE DEVIL'S GROUND: Lightning/Anchor Bay
EDEN LOG (special edition, Blu-ray): Magnolia
INFECTED: Genius
THE LAST HORROR FILM (new special edition): Troma
THE LEGEND OF BLOOD CASTLE (special edition): Mya Communication
THE MACHINIST (Blu-ray): Paramount
MARKER (special edition): S'more
MONSTER BEACH PARTY: Indican
MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D(2009; regular & special-edition DVDs, Blu-ray): Lionsgate
NIGHTMARE CASTLE (special edition): Severin
OUTLANDER (special edition): Weinstein Co./Genius
ROUGH CUT (special edition): Indie-Pictures
SKULL & BONES: Ariztical
SUSPENSE: Ultimate Collection (12-disc set): Falcon/Infinity
TRUE BLOOD: The Complete First Season (5-DVD set, 5-Blu-ray set): HBO

A huge quantity of stuff coming out this week, but not much quality if you ask me. Out of all these, the only one I would really recommend is MY BLOODY VALENTINE (2009 remake). I know a lot of people are against remakes, but I think they did a good job with this one. Plus, it was just a lot of fun to watch in 3D at the theater. Not sure how the 3D element of it will be at home, but I think it would still be a good movie even without the 3D "gimmick".

For those of you that did not see the remake of MY BLOODY VALENTINE, click HERE to view the trailer, courtesy of Yahoo movies. You can also view 6 clips of the film as well!!

Also, I have heard very good things about TRUE BLOOD, the vampire series from HBO, so that might be something for all you die hard vampire fans might want to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment